Time for part two of the Colette Spring Palette Challenge.
This is...or was going to be the Emily Variation blouse from Burda.
Only problem was that it turns out I didn't buy enough fabric for the voluminous sleeves.
I tried going back to the store to buy more, but they were all out of it in the same shade. That is when it is time to improvise. So I used the same sleeve pattern as from my valentine frock (aka Burda's full skirted cut out bust dress).
Then when I tried it on for fitting, I was reminded that, while on a straighter figured girl that shirt would be just fine as is, on my hourglass form it looked like a tent...even after I took the waist sizing down like I usually do. Much more fitting was required for me. I think I ended up taking off about 5 addition inches off of the waist on this. Makes a big difference.
So there it is! I finally have something in that elusive mustard yellow color. I think it might still be fun to do something like a skirt in this color later on. Less of a challenge to pull off since it isn't right next to the face, and it would look good with something like a sailor striped shirt....which I *still* need to post pictures of. I'm so behind.Pin It