Time for another gentle hint to Mother Nature to show some more sunshine.
At least it was warm enough for me to manage being outside without a coat on long enough to take photos, so that is progress.
I really love this bodice pattern. It works wonderfully with curves.
I didn't stay true to the skirt portion of the pattern on my first try, but came much closer this time around. When it comes down to it, the skirt still isn't fully true to pattern as I didn't have enough fabric in the pattern layout needed, so a good 6" total is not in there. It is still a pretty full skirt and just a little less fully gathered than it would have been otherwise.
The skirt length for this pattern is a peculiar one, and I can't guarantee that I will leave it at its current length. It is not quite long enough to be tea or maxi length, but is certainly past the knee. It makes it a bit of a challenge not to look like a milk maid or something.
Two other changes were made to the pattern: one intentional and the other not. I chose to sew up the cut-out neckline this time as it was just a little too scandalous with it there. The other was an opening and button at the top of the back simply because I was too lazy and cheap to run back to the store for a longer zipper when I had one the right color already. Necessity is a Mother... or something like that.
Another personalization was using bias tap for the edges of the neckline, back and sleeves.
And I LOVE the pockets!
Women's clothing should have more pockets.
So this is another spring/summer frock ready and waiting for fair weather to be worn in.